Aromatic Lavender Water
Aromatic Lavender Water
Phytochemicals of Lavender :
Alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, beta-santalene, borneol, camphor, caryophyllene, coumarin, geraniol, limonene, linalool, luteolin, 1,8-cineole, rosmarinic acid, tannin, umbelliferone, ursolic acid. The essential oil (1 to 3) is rich in linalyl acetate (30 to 55) and linalool (20 to 35).
General Information of Lavender
Herbalists and pharmacists have been using lavender remedies since ancient times. Lavender is still used in herbal remedies. Cushions filled with dried lavender can help to induce sleep and ease stress or depression.
It is used to make compresses for dressing wounds or for applying to the forehead to relieve congestion of the sinuses, headaches, hangovers, tiredness, tension and exhaustion.
In Christianity, it is believed that Adam and Eve took lavender with them when they were banished from the Garden of Eden.
In sixteent- century, Lavender was considered an effective and reliable protection against infection.
Benefits of Lavender
• Lavender herb is therapeutic, cleansing and detoxifying, natural analgesic and anti- depressant.
• It is recognised as an antibacterial, antiseptic and disinfectant power with its strong aromatic fragrance.
• It has anti-inflammatory, acne-preventing, anti-aging and moisturizing, and harmonizing affects,
• It also helps to soothe muscular aches, rheumatical pains, headaches and migraines.
• It is particularly beneficial in the summer time by repelling insects and insect bites.
• It can be inhaled to clear a stuffy nose and helps to fight sore throat
• The rejuvenating fragrance uplifts the spirits and harmonizes the mind. It can be used to increase concentration and improve inner balance.
• It is also very beneficial for problems such as bronchitis, asthma, halitosis, colds, laryngitis, throat infections and whooping cough.
• It is also purifying and can soothe sensitive, irritated and inflamed skins and preventing the development of eczema.
• It provides calming, relaxing and sedative effects to the nervous system with its anti-stress feature.
• It helps digestion and alleviates intestinal discomforts and complaints.
• For centuries, the people have used lavender to reduce anxiety, ease stress and promote a sense of happiness and help them to get a good night’s sleep.
How to use :
For the adults, Aksuvital Aromatic Lavender Water can be taken directly, otherwise can be diluted with •'5f or 1/3 of a water glass by adding drinking water or fruit juices or could be sweetened by honey and taken three times daily before or after meals.
Where to use ;
Lavender is widely known as food and beverage flavor enhancer. Lavender is used for many dishes, especially fish, meat and vegetables; tomatoes and aubergines, a good combination of lavender and garlic with cheesy salads.
Lavender water is usable as a natural flavor-enhancer for foods and beverages. Add it to your exotic deserts, biscuits, beverages, cocktails and salads . Great for flavoring crepes, cookies, fruit jellies, ice creams, coffees and teas to get a much more exotic taste.
Lavender water will supply a refreshing taste and aroma in summer fruits, puddings, summer sponge cakes, cheddar cheese, meat or vegetable soups, fried or grilled fish dishes, green salads and also usable in making jams, preserves and pastry, scones, lemonades or sweety drinks.
Add 50 ml Lavender water to the regular water in a steam iron to make your linen and clothes smell heavenly. In addition, lavender water protects clothes form moths and is known to repel mosquitoes, flies and other insects.
Phytochemicals of Lavender
Alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, beta-santalene, borneol, camphor, caryophyllene, coumarin, geraniol, limonene, linalool, luteolin, 1,8-cineole, rosmarinic acid, tannin, umbelliferone, ursolic acid. The essential oil (1 to 3%) is rich in linalyl acetate (30 to 55%) and linalool (20 to 35%).
• Prescription for Herbal Healing, Phyllis A. Balch, CNC.
• Lavender, Tessa Evelegh,L Lorenz Books,
• National Center for Complementary and Alernative Medicine. Accessed January 11, 2010.
• Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Phyllis A. Balch, CNC
• Hoffmann D. New Holistic Herbal, 2d ed. Rockport, MA: Element, 1990
• Lewith GT, Godfrey AD, Prescott P, et al. A single-blinded, randomized pilot study evaluating the aroma of lavandula augustifolia as a treatment for mild insomnia. J Altern Complement Med. 2005.
Package : 500 ml x 12 Glass Bottle